If you have questions, We have the experience to help.
Gene Bruno and Tom Andrews are the founders and principle owners of ALKO. Gene and Tom’s healthcare careers began in 1957 and 1958 respectively. They earned their sales and management skills while working for major national medical supply firms. In 1987 they opened ALKO as a Small Business Administration, SDB 8(a) certified firm and, as a result of Gene’s American Indian heritage, ALKO became the first American Indian owned and operated healthcare supply company in the United States.
Significance of The Eagle
Eagles and their feathers hold a position of reverence among the Potawatomi people. The Potawatomi consider a man fortunate who possesses an eagle feather. Gene is especially proud of the eagle feather awarded to him by his Tribal Council.
Brennan Bruno is Vice President of Operations and is responsible for managing day-to-day business of the company in the areas of Sales, Marketing, and Customer Care. Brennan has a physical medicine background and served as a certified trainer for the US Olympic Women’s Softball team. She is experienced and well grounded in medical equipment and supplies.
Thomas Harder is the Managing Director of ALKO’s healthcare imaging division. He has been a director of junior college and university radiologic technology programs. He has also been a Radiology Services Administrator for a large Illinois hospital. Tom’s medical imaging sales experience includes X-ray, CT, MRI, PACS, and Teleradiology. He has placed equipment into several major private, state and federal medical facilities in Oklahoma, Wisconsin and California.
Federal, State and Private medical facilities - hospitals, clinics, imaging and teaching centers.
Federal and State contracts including Department of Defense, Indian Health Service, Department of Agriculture, Veterans Administration, and the States of Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico.
Group purchasing organization members including Novation, Premier, S.S.M., and others.
• Certified Buy-Indian Firm - U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
• Veteran owned and operated small business concern.
• Graduate of the Small Business Administration “S.D.B. 8(a)” Program.
• Strategic business alliances with various S.B.A certified Tribal 8(a) enterprises.
• Certified Member of the Oklahoma Minority Suppliers Development Council.
• Recipient of the, “S.B.A. Administrator’s Award of Excellence”.
• Approved H.U.B. supplier for major GPO’s including Novation (V.H.A.) and Premier.
• Registrations include: C.C.R., O.R.C.A., and Vet 100.
• Federal I.D. Number: 73-1301237; D&B Number: 18-1118738; Cage Code: ODJS1 .
• FSS Contract Holder FSS-V797-4890a FSC Group 65V, Part II, Section A